Sunday, January 18, 2015

2014 Goals Report

Remember when I was so good at blogging? I stopped that.

2014! I liked it. In a nutshell, I really, really did. Here's a report on those goals I set back at the beginning of the year I liked so much.


2014 Goals and Word of the Year

Physical: Run!

Still hate it. But I do it! Not for long, but I do it. More on this in my 2015 goals.

Emotional: Conquer my morning routine

There's been an arc of change for this one. The most effective change I made is that I now get up much earlier. I wake up at 5:30. Are you ready for the surprising bit? I love it! I get so much done, I feel so ready for the day, and I end the day feeling more fulfilled and calm. I experimented a lot with this goal and have come to the conclusion that routines change as life changes. I've also found that no matter how my routine changes I have some constants: minimize the snooze button, pray first, read the scriptures second, stay in pajamas as long as possible.

Spiritual: Complete three of the Standard Works

Old Testament, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price. Done. Everyone should read the Old Testament. What a window into the history of the world!

Mental: Accomplish 25 of my 99 in 999  goals

Oh, this was fun! I was, of course, scrambling at the last minute, but I managed it! Actually, in the end I managed to cross off 26 of my 99 in 2014, so there. Here's an overly-detailed list of the goals I accomplished:

7. Memorize at least two poems "How Shall I a Habit Break" and "Say Not the Struggle Nought Availeth"
10. Rememorize the States and their Capitols
11. Learn the primary songs for order of books in the scriptures (Took forever! Why?)
13. Find three online news sources that I find trustworthy and accessible (3/3) BBC, Googlenews because it gives you a little of everything, and my third is to bounce between at least three liberal vs conservative news sources and glean from both ends of that spectrum.
25. Purchase a quality zip-up jacket $32 for a $150 jacket. Boom baby.
29. Don't watch TV for an entire week. This includes watching shows online!
30. Spend six consecutive months free of one of the following: gluten, dairy, sugar, or meat Went with no dairy and I can recommend it. (But mmmm I do love my yogurt.)
First bite of dairy in 6 months. Cheesecake in Boston. Not mad about it.
33. Do not swear for a month (3/22/2014) I did it!
35. Go sugar free for one week
36. Donate blood
38. Watch the sunrise and sunset on the same day
Also not mad. Thank you Myrtle Beach!
40. Begin a tradition of watching Lincoln on Lincoln’s birthday (February 12th) (2/12/14)
42. Send out Christmas cards   
45. Get a credit card Woot woot!
60. Pay off bank loan
66. On two separate occasions/locations visit relatives who live at least 2 hours away (2/2) Visited my dear Aunt Doe, my Aunt Delores and Uncle Bill in Utah, and my Grandparents in North Carolina.
77. Spend fifteen minutes reading news articles every day for one month
81. Watch 40 Oscar Best Picture Winners (40/40) And my top ten were (in chronological order)
You Can't Take It With You
Mrs. Miniver
Casablanca
On the Waterfront
Rocky
Kramer vs. Kramer
Out of Africa
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
The King's Speech
The Artist
82. Host at least two themed parties (2/2) A b&w party where we watched The Artist, and a Frozen party because I love Olaf (still).
86. Whiten my teeth
89. Try something new with my hair, either through a cut or coloring Long hair is back!
90. Try 5 new fruits and/or vegetables (5/5) Persimmon, Patty pan squash, Papaya, Okra, and Edemame
93. Make a 72-hour kit I keep this in my car and I use it all the time. I love this thing.
95. Start a recipe book with at least 50 recipes Obsessed! Best thing ever!
96. Bring into reality at least 15 ideas from Pinterest (15/15) My favorites are my earring frame and glass-etched jars.
98. Create two holiday themed decorations to be kept and reused (2/2) State ornaments and a button pumpkin. So much cuter than they sound. 
          
Word of the Year: Accept
Such a good word for 2014. I accepted jobs that scared me, choices that frustrated me, and weaknesses that jarred me. I had to face those things head on, but the first step was to accept the reality and be okay with a few bumps in the road.

2014, you were a gem.


No comments:

Post a Comment