Wednesday, May 1, 2013

This has been a month of new things! Here's a brief update on all-things-me.

~I started taking grad courses again! This isn't exactly new, but it's exciting. Through various miracles and the kind help of many wonderful people I was able to start classes again almost two years before what I originally thought would be possible. It's been hard work, but I'm so happy to be back in school. I've learned that progress, even progress that is so slow it feels like stagnation, is worth celebrating!

~This last weekend I moved in to my own apartment. I'm renting from a dear friend and it's lovely. My apartment is only ten minutes from Buena Vista so I can easily get to my other jobs and my family. I've always had roommates so this has been a new experience, and so far it's been great. Other than the camel crickets (Please see #69 of my 999).

~Just yesterday I started a summer job as a night nanny. I work with a darling four day old baby girl from 9pm-9am. She doesn't sleep super well (BECAUSE SHE JUST CAME TO EARTH!) and I'm still trying to work my other jobs. I'm not sure I'll be a very balanced person this month. But man alive, she is adorable.

~I started setting goals. We don't need to talk about how this is a new thing. But it is. See my 99 in 999 page for one example of how I'm using goal setting in my life. I have fallen a little in love with this concept!

~I started a blog! Okay, this isn't really that new since I started it last year. However, the fact that I'm actually utilizing this little spot in the vast interwebs is most definitely new. I plan on maintaining it regularly.

Here's a quote I found recently that I'm quite fond of: "I believe we have all been created for greater things than we can comprehend. The times call for great things, but great things in the noblest and most redemptive sense are predicated upon tolerance, love, respect, understanding, dignity, prayer, God" ~Jeffrey R Holland

And here's a superior youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyxpXgS5deU

Till next time,

Elizabeth 





1 comment:

  1. I miss you! you'll have to tell me how this night nanny thing goes

    ReplyDelete