Tuesday, May 7, 2013

And I'm a human.... I mean Mormon. Also a human.

I completed my first 99 in 999 goal!

46. Update Mormon.org profile

It took longer than I thought it would. I feel like that's a bad omen...

My religion is something that's very important to me, but I've been thinking about it even more lately. I think it's probably because I've been a little sleep-deprived and spending time with a brand-spanking new baby. Both of those things get me thinking about the topics deep in my soul, but those two things combined really open me up. Babies and no sleep: An awesome way to live (for a little while).

The thought I keep having is that I am very happy with the way my religion impacts me everyday. I believe that I have been offered truths every Sunday for the past 28 years. I believe that the temple is a place full of eternal simplicity and I love it there. I don't know if my convictions will always be as strong as they are now, but I plan on working daily to keep them that way. I sincerely hope that I believe in these things for my whole life.

I've been so blessed throughout my life to be surrounded by people who are inquisitive and self-evaluative. I've been able to have incredible conversations with people who have helped me see things in ways I know it would have taken me decades to see on my own time. I am so grateful for my friends, those who are mormons and those who are not, who are good and inspiring and supportive. I'd be a very different person if it weren't for the fact that I've had people around me who were willing to share what was important to them and hear what is important to me. I love humans!

So here is something important to me.   Elizabeth's Mormon.org Profile

Here's to convictions that reach beyond ourselves!


1 comment: