Sunday, April 3, 2016

Refugee Crisis Resources



Earlier today I was feeling so empowered to make an impact on the refugee crisis. However, reality quickly set in and I realized I had no idea (like, none. 0% ideation) how to move forward. I live in Orem, Utah! I am not rich! I cannot fly across the world to volunteer, as much as I would love to! How can I possibly make a difference?

So I started doing some research. I actually came across some great resources for options of ways to act right now in your own life. Several of these are focused specifically on the Salt Lake area, but there are typically links to other areas as well. So I'm sharing links here just in case there are others who might feel stumped as well. This is in no way a comprehensive list of organizations or options. I started here and that led me to some great websites. A lot of them ask mainly for monetary donations, but if you do some hunting there are other ideas too. Here are a few links.

Enjoy. But also do something.

Seriously, do something.

Letter to Congress via Catholic Relief Services (CRS) 
https://secure.crs.org/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=941&AddInterest=1881&_ga=1.204646800.1203597671.1459738876

Online Fundraising through International Rescue Committee (IRC)  http://diy.rescue.org/

Generation Rescue (There is a location in SLC)   http://www.rescue.org/genr

DIY fundraiser event (Includes a link to some event ideas) 

Specific gifts (Range from $23-$84) 

Rescue Programs in SLC (For program descriptions/options)

Rescue Programs in SLC (For program coordinator contact info)

Contacting your elected officials 

Raising awareness via social media

Spread the word and organize events





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I was feeling overwhelmed as well with where to start!

    ReplyDelete