Sunday, October 4, 2015

Spring Break 2015

(Oops. Meant to finish this six months ago. Well, I went to New England once!)

I have been loving my student teaching experience, but I tell you what, I was so ready to get out of town and enjoy seeing something new! Months ago I was thinking about Spring Break and looking for affordable plane tickets pretty much everywhere. I found a $140 round-trip ticket to New Hampshire, so I bought it, and then called my dear friend Lauren to inform her I was coming. (Not very considerate, but here we are.) It was a perfect week and I was so very happy to spend some quality time with Lauren and her family.

Newport Mansions in Rhode Island. Bleeeew my miiiiiind!

This was The Elms. It was my favorite. 
At the time I was eagerly seeking a job in New England, and this "Children" sign seemed like an excellent omen. 

In New England everything is named something a little strange. It's the law. 

We found a beach! This is also in Newport. 

Even the litter in Newport is high quality.


Lauren being beachy. 





Back at The Elms. I'm too lazy to fix the photo order guys. 

We are children, therefore, we spent an entire evening experimenting with ways to dye easter eggs. We are very, very good.


The drip technique. Impressionistic period. 



New England Cemeteries. I'm obsessed. 

Also I made pasta! Lauren made it, I draped it. Homemade pasta is delicious. 
New England is one of those places I hope to visit consistently throughout my life. I love it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment