Monday, August 12, 2013

Mission Accomplished (Pretty Much Entirely).

I am not really scared of bugs. I actually do pretty well with bugs. In fact, I have been referred to as "the spider killer" due to my reputation as "that one girl who kills the spiders and then freaks out afterwards if they were really big and scary but she was still okay to kill it first". True story.

However, I am terrified of these:
This is a camel cricket. They are disgusting. They jump fast and high, they can climb walls and hang on ceilings, they splatter everywhere when you do manage to kill them, they jump AT you if you miss, they are the spawn of Satan.

#69 of my 99 in 999 is to face camel crickets without screaming. (Please note, swearing is still allowed; not recommended, but definitely allowed.) This was a tough one. I don't know that I can expect to never, ever, ever scream while facing one of my greatest fears, no matter how hard I try. However, I've been slowly, surely, steadily progressing with this over the past few months. Now comes the big announcement...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I just killed nine of these. Nine. No screaming. Not a single scream. Granted they were not fully grown so they were less likely to jump away, but still, I am seriously so impressed with myself.

So while it is still not a guarantee that I will never scream again, in fact, I can pretty much guarantee that I will at some point, I feel like I have made incredible progress with this goal and I consider it having been achieved.

Because I'm pretty stinking amazing, that's why.

(Seriously, aren't they just disgusting? So gross.)

3 comments: